Friday, August 27, 2010

8/27/10 Luciano's Birthday

The apartment in the video is not the one we rented long term, but I wanted you to see what we were staying in. My sense of spacial relation kept throwing me off. Every time I had to go to the bathroom, I would walk directly to kitchen and then confusedly wonder "Why am I in here again?"


Today I interviewed for my first job. A server at the Coply Place Marriott. It seems like a sweet position except for the fact that it closes at 1:30 and I would not leave until 2:00AM which is after public transportation ends. The manager said I would need to take a $15 taxi. So I asked him if it would be worth my while to work only to spend $15 on a ride home. He said "Oh, yah. Nobody is complaining about the money they make. Everything is high end here." It sounds promising, and if it works out, I can offer all 2 of you who are reading this blog my "friends and family" discount as soon as you come, but it's not as low as I had thought.

Today was Luciano's birthday. We obviously didn't spend the whole day together but had a fun date night out at a Mexican restaurant with big margaritas and went to a movie.


I wasn't totally excited to move to Boston when I had to leave, and the first two days were rainy, cold, and unfamiliar. However, with each day passing, I like being here more and more. I'm getting to know the city and feeling like this is such a fun and different place than what I have ever known before. We'll see if this feeling lasts when it starts to rain again. I already bought rain boots and a water resistant jacket. I don't want to get caught with nothing but tennis shoes and a sweatshirt again.

1 comment:

  1. HI, DAD AND ME AND JOHN AND KATHY GOT ON AND LOOKED AT YOUR BLOG. WE ALL LOVED YOUR VIDEOS. IT LOOKS LIKE SUCH AN ADVENTURE. I LIKE THE IDEA THAT A TAXI WOULD DELIVER YOU RIGHT TO YOUR FRONT DOOR AT 2AM ISH AFTER WORK. (IT SEEMS I MAY NEVER GET OVER BEING A MOM). STAY SAFE WHILE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME. WHAT ABOUT LUCIANO'S CLASSES? HOW IS HE DOING? DOES HE ENJOY THEM?

    ReplyDelete