Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Tourist Day


We live in a destination city with so much to do,but Luciano is constantly studying.  I decided that I am not going to waste the opportunity to see Boston even if I have to go alone. I became a tourist. On my first tourist day, I started out by stopping at a bakery for lunch and a Boston Cream Pie. It was delicious. Then I went to the bar that the show Cheers was modeled after. The bar tender and the door guy knew my name. I guess it's true...everybody does know your name. Or maybe it was because I was the only girl in there alone.
I did make friends with other tourists, though. But of course, we had the same chit-chat that reminds you that they aren't  real friends. 





 After finishing my beer and leaving my friends behind, I toured the Boston Public library. This is the most beautiful Library I have ever seen. Not only is it beautiful, but it has kept me entertained. I frequently check out books from it. However, the part with the books is not so beautiful. It is more akin to a larger version of the the Placentia Public Library(not even as nice as the Yorba Linda Library).

It was a fun afternoon, and there is still a huge city out there to see. So come visit and you can be a tourist with me.

2 comments:

  1. I am so totally impressed by you Janelle. I think you are one of the only people I know who could so easily adapt in a new environment--to be so independent--so outgoing--so alive! I love it. This is making me all the more excited for our trip. I love you. I also think you look amazing in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you went by yourself! And your pics are quickly putting Boston on my "must-see" list of places to visit. Keep sharing what you discover!

    ReplyDelete