Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nodules

So, I just found out that I have 2 nodules on my thyroid. According to the internet, only 5% are cancerous. I'm waiting to find out that I am part of the 95%. When I told Joci, she asked if she could pray for me. One of the things she prayed for was peace. I feel that God has blessed me with that. The knowledge that this could not go how I want it to is still in my head, but I am no longer scared or worried. 

Today at church, I asked some friends, Kelly and Betsy, to pray for healing. I really just want the nodules to simply go away regardless of what the biopsy reveals. I know the Lord has the power to make that happen, I just wonder if he will.

With a little boy in my tummy, I have often thought that for some reason God chose this baby for us. It is terrible timing for us; we are not financially ready; I'm due at the exact time I used to think i would never want to have a baby; we were not "safe" for 7 years and never got pregnant, then all of a sudden, our minds started to change and the next month we were pregnant; and now the possibility of needing surgery. 

Perhaps this is one of the reasons hat this baby and this time were chosen for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment