Wednesday, September 15, 2010

9/15/10 The Two Jobs

Here are my 2 students doing a little "get to know you" skit. They were very happy with themselves. 

The one on the left, Ghisam, communicated (because there was so many pictures and mimes involved, I can't say he told me) that if I continue to teach next month, he will be here. However, if I don't, he will not be coming. I understood what he was communicating, but he called his wife, who speaks English, and made her tell me the same thing. It was very sweet. That same day, my boss asked if i was planning to stay another month and I said yes

Later that day, I had my second interview with the Marriott. They just called today and are trying to figure out what they will offer based on my availability for the next month since I committed. however, I am not sure which job I would prefer.

Here are the pros for each position

Marriott:

  • Pros-more money, guaranteed job, free dinner, cheaper hotel rooms for myself and friends/family(very cheap for my parents and Luciano's), sleep in, could transfer if I wanted to work at the marriott at home over the summer, health insurance after 3 months, Marriott will match money that I invest 



  • cons- Could work until 2:00 A.M., not sure if I could get the Christmas season and January off, it's the unkown, very different schedule from Luciano, Schedule could change week to week  


Teaching:

  • Pros- done at 3:15 Monday-Friday, It is easy, for sure go to church, Continue some coworker friendships I have started, go on outings and get paid or if it is expensive, the school will pay for me to go(for example: The Blue Man Group), could help further my career



  • cons- I wanted to take time away from teaching, have to be there 6 hours and 15 minutes but get paid for 5 hours.




I just saw the Tarka family on Skype. My eyes started tearing up when i saw them. I love this technology. If you are reading this, you NEED to get Skype and then look me up- janellecid

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I love the video. I had to watch it twice and smiled each time. I could totally see you writing the lines Janelle. Love it!!

    And yes, Skype is amazing! Now I miss you even more. Must. come. home. soon!

    ReplyDelete