Monday, September 20, 2010

9/19/10 Oh Technology

Although I love, love, love Skype, technology has not been treating me well.  I need a new phone because mine only lasts a few hours. Right before we came out here, my iPod broke. Then, on our way to the restaurant where we saw the guy with the Red Sox ring, our small camera broke. Two nights ago, my computer broke (and of course Luciano needs to use his constantly so I have to write this at work). I have no money to fix them or get new ones since my first paycheck just came and I earned $832 for 2 weeks of work. I feel like a kid again. Every time I spend money, I think of it terms of percentages of my paycheck. We went out Friday night and spent 10% of it. Grocery shopping-21%. Burrito and coke at the taqueria near my work-1%. Used Ikea couch-16%. New iPod/computer/phone/camera-?????%. I literally don't have any form of entertainment other than my quiet times, meditation and the christian books I brought to read. I'm going to come home at the end of the year a very spiritual person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment