Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20/10 One of my Favorite Activities

One of my favorite past times here in Boston is asking Luciano, "Hey, do you remember the guy who..." There are so many people here who do shocking unfriendly/rude things.

1. The screamer: you already know about her
2. Our neighbors downstairs:who have since had another party where they were shooting the dumpster until 4:30 A.M. 
3.Chicken Noodle Soup Guy: We stopped at a little place that said "homemade chicken soup" on the window. As we were ordering I asked if the chicken soup is good. the response "Well, It's homemade" I didn't know what that was supposed to mean so I was just silent. He ended up bringing me a sample, I believe so that he wouldn't have to talk to me. It was literally the best chicken soup I had ever had.  I told him what I thought of it. His response, "Oh" 
4. Grocery Store Man: I was in our local grocery walking up and down the aisles. As I got to the front of the middle aisle, the area right behind the check out lines, I didn't look both ways, and just walked to my right toward the next aisle. A second later I felt something ram my ankles so hard I nearly fell "Oh Sh  " came bursting from my mouth. I looked back to see what had plowed into me. It was a man sitting on one of those riding carts with the handle bars. I felt we were equally to blame since I wasn't totally paying attention so I said, "I am so sorry". The man gave a slow blink, made a face like my dad used to make when i would spill milk, and pushed the accelerator on his cart without saying a word. 
5. Girl asking for directions: Luciano and I had just moved in and we were out walking in our area. A group of girls were looking for something and one turned to me and asked, "hey , do you know where Church Street is?". I said "I don't. Sorry about that" as I was walking away, she told me, "F   off"

I'm sure there will be more situations to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment