Friday, October 29, 2010

10/29/10 Family night

This is one of the first times that Luciano and I Skyped. My family all gets together on Thursday nights for "family night", so Jared set up the computer we were able to talk with the whole family. I loved it. If you're reading this and I haven't talked yo you on Skype, Let's talk.



On our way home from one of the churches we tried one day , we noticed an amazing Futon style chair and mattress sitting right next to a dumpster. It looked like someone wanted to get rid of it but was hoping someone else would want it and take it.. The mattress and frame matched perfectly with our apartment and it looked very clean, so we grabbed it. We were soooo excited. I kept thinking "this is great, if anyone comes to visit, we'll have a bed for them" 
Luciano carried the mattress on his head because it was so heavy, and  I lugged the frame home for a few blocks. When we got home, we promptly set it up and sat down on it to see it we liked it. After a few minutes of lying/sitting there, I started to notice a smell that didn't belong. Urine. It was the mattress. But, we could keep the frame, at least. Then I started smelling the frame. The pee had soaked in. My guess it...too much beer. It ended up in our dumpster.    



This is 1 slice of pizza at my favorite pizza place, Ernestos. Apparently, according to Jocelyn and Ryan Maas, it's better than Reginas.



No comments:

Post a Comment